Definición de garth en inglés:
1An open space surrounded by cloisters.
- We found a stone wall-bench under an arcade of the cloister garth.
- The interior - a quadrangle of rooms giving off an overgrown cloister garth - had something of the air of Custer's Last Stand.
- In the centre was a courtyard or open garth kept clear of structures, although sometimes arranged as a garden or burial ground.
1.1 archaic A yard or garden.
- A small court, yard, garth or piece of ground attached to a dwelling house, and forming one enclosure with it, or so regarded by the law; the area attached to and containing a dwelling house and its outbuildings.
- He wanted to ask Michael to describe the place, but at the same time his private vision of the old wooden building with its cobblestone courtyard and garth of blossoming apple trees was so clear in every detail that it could only be the truth.
- Alastair Oswald, a landscape investigator for English Heritage, said the foundations of the former York Archbishop's Palace lay beneath the garth.
Definición de garth en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia