- Rapidly spreading gangrene occurring in dirty wounds infected by bacteria that give off a foul-smelling gas.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This disease is usually caused by anaerobic bacteria of the genus Clostridium
- Illnesses caused by the Clostridium group of bacteria discussed here are gas gangrene, Clostridium food poisoning, and pseudomembranous colitis.
- It's a Clostridium that's responsible for C. diff colitis, a Clostridium that's responsible for gas gangrene, a Clostridium that's responsible for botulism, and a Clostridium that's responsible for tetanus.
- The patient may also require a plain radiograph of the area or surgical debridement to evaluate for gas gangrene, osteomyelitis, or necrotizing fasciitis.
Más definiciones de gas gangreneDefinición de gas gangrene en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional