Definición de gearing en inglés:
1The set or arrangement of gears in a machine: the mill’s internal waterwheel and gearing survive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That involvement is demonstrated by several surviving sets of Jefferson's calculations concerning the gearing of the machine and by its conversion to a portable machine.
- The waterwheel shaft and main gearing are well below the first floor of the mill.
- The water mill, here nestled in a deep valley, is driven by a large, undershot, vertical waterwheel and right-angle gearing.
2 British term for leverage (sense 2) of the noun).
- However the company could do with shedding a few extra pounds of debt, as its gearing is a hefty 310%.
- The remaining £445m will go to paying off debts, thus reducing gearing to a healthier 33%.
- According to him, investment mortgages can be raised in Ireland, Britain and elsewhere, depending on the mix of equity and gearing that is required by the individual investor.
Definición de gearing en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary