Denoting substituent atoms or groups, especially protons, attached to the same atom in a molecule.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Compounds in which two hydroxyl groups are attached to the same carbon atom (geminal diols) normally cannot be isolated.
- The fellow doing it was down the hall from me in graduate school, and he was doing an obscure reaction which forms a geminal dinitrile, which themselves are rather obscure compounds.
- Particularly in the pathological examination, we discovered that it could activate and proliferate cells in lymph follicles, geminal centre, paracortical zone and medullary cord of lymph nodes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, fluoro-amino acid derivatives have rarely been synthesized because of the inherent instability of the geminally halogenated amine moiety.
- Although the anomeric effect was originally identified in pyranoid rings, its relevance to conformational analysis of geminally hetero-atom substituted carbon chains was immediately obvious.
- One of these involves the properties of amides that are geminally substituted at nitrogen with two heteroatoms, so-called ‘Anomeric Amides’.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: gem·i·nal
Definición de geminal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda