- An officer of the highest rank in the US Army, above general (awarded only in wartime).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ‘five star’ ranks of general of the army or field marshal, or equivalent, have been generally abolished except in time of full-scale war.
- Hence, Gen. Ulysses S. Grant proposed in 1866 to place the Adjutant General under the control of the commanding general of the army, who was to be responsible directly to the president through the secretary of the army in all army matters.
- He looked no short of an officer of great honor or perhaps a general of the army.
Más definiciones de general of the armyDefinición de general of the army en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional