- A type of grammar that describes a language in terms of a set of logical rules formulated so as to be capable of generating the infinite number of possible sentences of that language and providing them with the correct structural description.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He originated such concepts as transformational-generative grammar, transformational grammar, and generative grammar.
- The result is a strong contribution to the development of computational models based on the generative grammar of Chomsky.
- At test, participants were first informed about the existence of the generative grammar as ‘a complex set of rules,’ but not the grammar itself.
Más definiciones de generative grammarDefinición de generative grammar en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional