sustantivo (plural genies or genii /-nēˌī/)
- A spirit of Arabian folklore, as traditionally depicted imprisoned within a bottle or oil lamp, and capable of granting wishes when summoned. Compare with jinn.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you had your choice, if you could pull a genie out of a bottle and the genie could grant you three wishes, what would your three wishes be?
- Proper genies only grant wishes when they want to.
- Supernatural creatures such as angels, genies, ghosts, and spirits, are believed to exist.
mid 17th century (denoting a guardian or protective spirit): from French génie, from Latin genius (see genius). Génie was adopted in the current sense by the 18th-century French translators of The Arabian Nights' Entertainments, because of its resemblance in form and sense to Arabic jinnī 'jinni'.
Más definiciones de genieDefinición de genie en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional