Definición de gimbal en inglés:
A mechanism, typically consisting of rings pivoted at right angles, for keeping an instrument such as a compass or chronometer horizontal in a moving vessel or aircraft.
- These were a ship's chronometer - a big one in a box, suspended with gimbals like a ship's compass - and two smaller, sturdier, pocket-sized ones.
- Hydraulic gimbals were engineered to quietly move a 225-ton set around on the head of a pin.
- A lightweight carbon fiber dome protects the gimbal and sensors.
gimbaled (or gimballed) adjetivo
- Example sentences
- It is fitted on a gimballed mount in the nose of the helicopter, above the radar.
- The rocket uses four first-stage gimballed engines and one second-stage engine.
- First stage control was by movable tail fins, while the second stage was equipped with a gimballed nozzle.
Definición de gimbal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan