A mechanism, typically consisting of rings pivoted at right angles, for keeping an instrument such as a compass or chronometer horizontal in a moving vessel or aircraft.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These were a ship's chronometer - a big one in a box, suspended with gimbals like a ship's compass - and two smaller, sturdier, pocket-sized ones.
- Hydraulic gimbals were engineered to quietly move a 225-ton set around on the head of a pin.
- A lightweight carbon fiber dome protects the gimbal and sensors.
gimbaled (or gimballed) adjetivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is fitted on a gimballed mount in the nose of the helicopter, above the radar.
- The rocket uses four first-stage gimballed engines and one second-stage engine.
- First stage control was by movable tail fins, while the second stage was equipped with a gimballed nozzle.
Definición de gimbal en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional