(also pluralgingivae /jinˈjīvē, ˈjinjəˌvē/)
Definición de gingiva en inglés:
sustantivo[treated as singular or plural] Medicine
- Chronic periodontitis (inflammation of the gingiva and periodontal membrane) may be a sequel of chronic gingivitis, usually because of accumulation of plaque and calculus.
- The patient complained of right maxillary pain; there were no significant dental abnormalities, but a small lesion on the right upper gingiva was seen, and a biopsy was performed.
- Lesions of the oral mucosa may be seen on the gingiva, buccal mucosa, palate, tongue, and lips.
late 17th century: Latin, 'gum'.
- Example sentences
- It is a variation of growth and development and can affect a person's bite, ability to clean teeth properly, gingival health, jaw growth, speech development, and appearance.
- Other signs can include gingival oedema, periodontitis and adenopathy.
- Lesions on children classically involve the buccal and gingival mucosa.
Definición de gingiva en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan