sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
- A rare contagious disease that mainly affects horses, characterized by swellings below the jaw and mucous discharge from the nostrils.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This disease is caused by the bacterium Pseudomonas mallei
- The Germans used anthrax and glanders against the horses and mules of the US Army and its Allies in World War I.
- Work was in progress, too, on other agents like brucellosis and glanders as well as on chemicals against plants, classified at the time as a form of biological, not chemical, warfare.
- In the first world war attempts were made to infect horses with glanders, and throughout history invading armies have poisoned wells and other water sources.
late 15th century: from Old French glandre (see gland1).
Más definiciones de glandersDefinición de glanders en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional