- A consonant formed by the audible release of the airstream after complete closure of the glottis. It is widespread in some nonstandard English accents, and in some other languages, such as Arabic, it is a standard consonant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most English speakers find it difficult to articulate a vowel without the support of an initial consonant, the default being the glottal stop.
- Let's imagine a language that adds glottal stops to beginnings of words if they start with vowels, and deletes final vowels.
- In English, words that would otherwise begin with a vowel have a glottal stop inserted.
Más definiciones de glottal stopDefinición de glottal stop en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional