- The part of the larynx consisting of the vocal cords and the slitlike opening between them. It affects voice modulation through expansion or contraction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The extrinsic muscles of the larynx control the degree of tension on the vocal cords, and the intrinsic muscles regulate the glottis.
- It is possible that the ‘breath holding’ episodes the child exhibited previously were in fact intermittent and momentary obstruction of the glottis by the tonsil.
- During the compressive phase, the glottis is closed and the expiratory muscles start to contract.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Expiration is a passive recoil of lung and chest tissues and in the presence of glottic obstruction a dangerous cycle arises.
- A syndrome of airway swelling in the glottic and subglottic area of viral origin.
- If so, consider a posterior polyp that flops in and out of the glottic opening as the patient changes position.
late 16th century: modern Latin, from Greek glōttis, from glōtta, variant of glōssa 'tongue'.
Más definiciones de glottisDefinición de glottis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional