Definición de glower en inglés:
Have an angry or sullen look on one’s face; scowl: she glowered at him suspiciously
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I glowered at him with angry tears of frustration shining in my eyes before I dropped my gaze and crossed my arms again.
- Every time he was given out he gesticulated, frowned, glowered and stared at the umpires.
- Her brow furrowed and her scorning frown deepened as she glowered at him angrily.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
An angry or sullen look.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- My glower became a frown, and I folded my arms, leaning back against the couch.
- It was an intemperate outburst, but even as he stamped out of the room with a dark glower, his inquisitors were breaking into smiles.
- A faint smirk pulls at the corners of Alonzo's pale lips, but noticing it, he immediately replaces the smirk with yet another angry glower.
Late 15th century: perhaps a Scots variant of synonymous dialect glore, or from obsolete glow 'to stare', both possibly of Scandinavian origin.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The world will see a nice trial, with a 22-year-old glowering man sentenced to life.
- The high guard towers will lay empty, their glowering profile softened by unruly nests of squawking birds.
- I dropped Christine's hand at his glowering look.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Koro brings up his granddaughter himself but inwardly resents the lack of a male descendant and gloweringly refuses to accept the obvious - that Paikea is the natural inheritor of his mantle.
- But Frank seems gloweringly unconvinced by this spacey new amateur on the team, usurping his status as Roy's heir.
- Upstairs there is the rather more rustic Hansi room, named after the Alsatian artist whose gloweringly Teutonic landscapes decorate its walls, and a series of other wood panelled salons and private rooms.
Palabras que riman con glowerbower, cower, devour, dower, embower, empower, endower, flour, flower, gaur, Glendower, hour, lour, lower, our, plougher (US plower), power, scour, shower, sour, Stour, sweet-and-sour, tower
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India