Definición de glowworm en inglés:
A soft-bodied beetle with luminescent organs in the abdomen, especially the larvalike wingless female, which emits light to attract the flying male.
- Families Lampyridae and Phengodidae: several genera numerous species including the American Zarhipis integripennis
- While some locals have ascribed the lights to UFOs, others blamed swarms of fireflies or even glow-worms.
- That night, after dark, we descended to a cutaway in a hillside where we could view the tiny lights of glow-worms, a first for all of us.
- The best way to explore them and see the unique blue light of the glow-worms clinging to them is on a black-water rafting trip.
Definición de glowworm en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan