- Of or concerning carving or engraving.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Naples, Sir William Hamilton collected an extraordinary range of vases, bronze and marble statuary, glass, gems, jewellery, and glyptic art.
- These statues are generally unlike images in two-dimensional narrative art, whether political or religious, and they are also unlike images of deities or super-natural beings known primarily from the glyptic arts.
- Pompadour was herself one of the few eighteenth-century practitioners of this glyptic art.
early 19th century: from French glyptique or Greek gluptikos, from gluptēs 'carver', from gluphein 'carve'.
Más definiciones de glypticDefinición de glyptic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional