Definición de gnat en inglés:
1A small two-winged fly that resembles a mosquito. Gnats include both biting and nonbiting forms, and they typically form large swarms.
- Included among the invertebrates are moth flies, wood gnats, midges, punkies, mosquitoes, marsh beetles, and beelike or wasplike syrphid flies.
- The Diptera include files, mosquitoes, gnats, midges, and no-see-ums.
- The swarms of gnats and mosquitoes were annoying, but augured well for our hopes of spotting tiny bug-eating birds.
1.1A person or thing seen as tiny or insignificant, especially in comparison with something larger or more important: I was only a gnat in the affair
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some issues present all the appearances of being designed to separate the gnats from the gadflies, and this is such a one.
- Why Pagels happily swallows this camel while straining out the gnats of the creed is a mystery.
- In fact, neither Cathy nor Frank express anything that might resemble an emotion until their bedroom door is locked and the neighbourhood of gossiping gnats is safely locked out of the hidden desperation of their unhappy marriage.
Words that rhyme with gnatat, bat, brat, cat, chat, cravat, drat, expat, fat, flat, frat, gat, hat, hereat, high-hat, howzat, lat, mat, matt, matte, Montserrat, Nat, outsat, pat, pit-a-pat, plait, plat, prat, Rabat, rat, rat-tat, Sadat, sat, scat, Sebat, shabbat, shat, skat, slat, spat, splat, sprat, stat, Surat, tat, that, thereat, tit-for-tat, vat, whereat
Definición de gnat en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia