- 1A plant of the daisy family, with slender grasslike leaves, yellow flowers that typically close at about midday, and downy fruits that resemble those of a dandelion. Native to Eurasia, it has become established in eastern North America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tragopogon pratensis, family Compositae
- Where are the hats decorated with the goat's beard?
- It is a larger relative of the common wild plant goat's beard, T. pratensis.
- Use dwarf goat's beard in partial shaded rock gardens with hostas, toad lilies, tiarellas, and wildflowers.
mid 16th century: translating Greek tragopōgon or Latin Barba Capri.