Definición de godfather en inglés:
1A male godparent.
- You can name just one godparent, or two godmothers or godfathers.
- He went on, explaining how he is the godfather to his dead friend's children, and how he was worrying about them.
- He was my best friend and I was the godfather to his kids and he was the godfather to my kids and we did things together on the road and off the road.
2A man who is influential in a movement or organization, through providing support for it or through playing a leading or innovatory part in it: the godfather of alternative comedy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Irwin Schiff, the godfather of the movement, is insistent that you shouldn't just take his word for anything: You should check the statutes.
- And then there's Kraftwerk, godfathers of the movement.
- Kenneth Koch is the godfather of a literary movement, called in the good old days of funding for arts, Poets-in-the-Schools.
2.1A person directing an illegal organization, especially a leader of a Mafia family.
- That's why mafia godfathers and titans of business don't mind eating with their most trusted lieutenants in otherwise empty restaurants.
- The export of mafia capital on this scale produces far more difficulties for the Russian economy than the activities of the Colombian drugs barons or the Italian Mafia godfathers, who at least invest some of their ill-gotten gains at home.
- He knows the exercise of arbitrary power by studio heads, easily comparable to Mafia godfathers.
Definición de godfather en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan