Definición de godmother en inglés:
1A female godparent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You can name just one godparent, or two godmothers or godfathers.
- She was a godmother to several children born in the village, and she taught in the Sunday School and she did a great deal.
- His sister Tamara is a close friend of mine, and I am the godmother to her daughter, I have a great relationship with all of the Castagnolas.
1.1A woman who is influential in a movement or organization, through providing support for it or through playing a leading or innovatory part in it: she has been called the godmother of Quebec business
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Canadian author Naomi Klein, the godmother of the anti-globalisation movement, considers the way marketing handles the protests against corporate power.
- At age 83, she continues with us, strong as ever, and even more honored by her beloved community of poets - especially the community of black poets to whom she is a pioneering example and godmother.
- Joan Brown's irreverent explorations of the conflicted roles associated with femininity make her seem as well a kind of godmother to contemporary Bad Girl artists such as Karen Kilimnik and Nicole Eisenman.
Palabras que riman con godmotherhousemother
Definición de godmother en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda