A medal made of or colored gold, customarily awarded for first place in a race or competition.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- World champions Canada are Britain's main threat for the gold medal and the race looks set to go down to the wire.
- Last night he won his fifth gold medal of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester.
- Kelly Holmes comes from way back in the field to win her first gold medal of the Olympic Games in dramatic style.
gold medalist sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Olympic heptathlon gold medalist Denise Lewis confirmed she would compete at the World Championships in Paris.
- This is a quote from Rick Carey, one of John's former swimmers and a three-time Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
- Meanwhile, Olympic sprint relay gold medalist Darren Campbell will be back in his native Manchester tomorrow for a presentation to a couple of the club's most promising youngsters.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: gold med·al
Definición de gold medal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda