- 1The quality of being good, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But how do qualifications and league table positions correlate with quality, care, goodness?
- In addition, please accept our sincerest gratitude for this past year of challenging conversation, financial support, and general goodness.
- It's filled with local, New York details and cheesy goodness.
- 1.1Virtue; moral excellence: a belief in the basic goodness of mankindMás ejemplos en oraciones
virtue, good, righteousness, morality, integrity, rectitude; honesty, truth, truthfulness, honor, probity; propriety, decency, respectability, nobility, worthiness, worth, merit, trustworthiness; blamelessness, puritykindness, kindliness, tenderheartedness, humanity, mildness, benevolence, graciousness; tenderness, warmth, affection, love, goodwill; sympathy, compassion, care, concern, understanding, tolerance, generosity, charity, leniency, clemency, magnanimity
- Hope draws its power from a deep trust in higher being and the basic goodness of human nature
- Basic goodness transcends the concepts of good and bad.
- But along with my innocent childhood belief in the resurrection of rock music and the essential goodness of mankind, this myth was shattered too.
- 1.2The beneficial or nourishing element of food.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some of them even went so far as to ingest tape worms to avoid their bodies absorbing the goodness from food and so remaining thin (some people today still do this).
- The food nourishes, provides nutrients and goodness, yet the left-overs are generally uniform and of a recurring theme.
- At least, not now, with the goodness and warmth of the food spreading within him.
exclamaciónVolver al principio
- (As a substitution for “God”) expressing surprise, anger, etc.: goodness knows what her rent will beMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I went and looked down it and thought ‘Oh my goodness!’
- In my own half-asleep state, I heard her go through to Alex's room, and then there was an exclamation of ‘Oh my goodness!’
- Ben Pimlott (who calls her Alice) records that the young princess once said ‘My goodness!’
for goodness' sake
- see sake1.
goodness of fit
- Statistics The extent to which observed data match the values expected by theory.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, we tested goodness of fit of the observed frequency spectrum to that expected under the neutrality and panmixis with constant population size.
- We used a chi-square test of goodness of fit to test the null hypothesis that usage occurs in proportion to availability, considering all habitats simultaneously.
- The statistics of the headway distribution and the goodness of fit between the observed and detected distributions are shown in Table 2.
have the goodness to do something
- Used in exaggeratedly polite requests: have the goodness to look at me when I’m speaking to you!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I wish to speak to Dominick alone, so please have the goodness to go.
- Might I beg that you would have the goodness to sit down upon one of those boxes, and not to interfere?