(also good will)
1Friendly, helpful, or cooperative feelings or attitude: the plan is dependent on goodwill between the two sides [as modifier]: a goodwill gesture
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You are generous and giving as you share goodwill and hospitality with friends and loved ones.
- A light and playful rather than heavy and serious attitude brings success and goodwill.
- The man himself puts everything down to the co-operation and goodwill of the stars.
benevolence, compassion, goodness, kindness, consideration, charity;
friendliness, amity, thoughtfulness, decency, sympathy, understanding, neighborliness
2The established reputation of a business regarded as a quantifiable asset, e.g., as represented by the excess of the price paid at a takeover for a company over its fair market value.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In fact I appeared in the subsequent valuation test case which valued that goodwill.
- In some cases, the only chargeable asset to transfer on incorporation is goodwill.
- Others have sold at a loss, or at a figure which does not reflect the value of the goodwill.
Palabras que riman con goodwillbill, Brazil, brill, Camille, chill, cookchill, dill, distil (US distill), downhill, drill, Edgehill, Estoril, fill, freewill, frill, fulfil (US fulfill), Gill, grill, grille, hill, ill, instil, kill, krill, mil, mill, nil, Phil, pill, quadrille, quill, rill, Seville, shill, shrill, sill, skill, spadille, spill, squill, still, stock-still, swill, thill, thrill, till, trill, twill, until, uphill, will
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: good·will
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda