(also gooseneck barnacle)
Definición de goose barnacle en inglés:
A stalked barnacle that hangs down from driftwood or other slow-moving floating objects, catching passing prey with its feathery legs.
- Genus Lepas, class Cirripedia
- In addition, Galician shellfish gatherers supply Western Europe with a host of delicacies, from crabs, clams, cockles and mussels, to the exquisite goose barnacle which is found nowhere else in the world.
- Other species of goose barnacle such as Lepas anatifera are more common and attach to bits of flotsam such as wood, plastic containers etc.
- While Brits eat turkey at Christmas, Spaniards look forward to festive feasts of clams, crabs, cockles, mussels, octopus and goose barnacles.
Definición de goose barnacle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan