A toxic crystalline compound present in cottonseed oil.
- A polycyclic phenol; chemical formula: C30H30O8
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘We're examining the effectiveness of gossypol from cottonseed as a preventive agent for breast and prostate cancer,’ says Lin.
- In terms of fertility, dairy bulls maintained on a ration containing significant amounts of free gossypol from cottonseed meal appear to benefit from receiving 4,000 IU / d supplemental vitamin E.
- While gossypol is found in cottonseed, there are limited methods for extracting large quantities of it.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Gossypium (genus name), from Latin gossypinum, -pion 'cotton plant' (of unknown origin) + -ol.
Definición de gossypol en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional