- 1A disease in which defective metabolism of uric acid causes arthritis, especially in the smaller bones of the feet, deposition of chalkstones, and episodes of acute pain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The juice of the nettle is good, she says, for a variety of ailments - arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, allergic rashes and prickly heat.
- Recent studies have revealed that cherries offer an assortment of health benefits including the ability to offer natural relief from joint pain caused from gout, arthritis and joint inflammation.
- He has a history of arthritis, gout, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- 2 • literary A drop or spot, especially of blood, smoke, or flame: gouts of flame and phlegmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Initially mistaken for dry ice by revellers, the gouts of smoke were ignored until the roaring fireball was actually consuming the building, liquefying its flammable décor into a rainstorm of molten lava.
- All were watching, with eager anticipation, the replica of George Stephenson's Rocket, which crouched on the rails behind the museum emitting gouts of steam.
- These additional branches then give off really satisfying gouts of white smoke as the greenery boils and burns.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Terry's gouty ankle had grown to the size of a small planet, and he slept out in the open air at the back of the truck, stretched out on a long toolbox, his leg hoisted higher than the rest of him and pointing at the stars.
- If so, you might be experiencing an acute attack of gout - or gouty arthritis - a form of arthritis that's characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints.
- Supplement your diet with 2 g of fish oil capsules twice a day to reduce the chances of gouty inflammation.
Middle English: from Old French goute, from medieval Latin gutta, literally 'drop' (because gout was believed to be caused by the dropping of diseased matter from the blood into the joints).
Más definiciones de goutDefinición de gout en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional