Definición de gout en inglés:
1A disease in which defective metabolism of uric acid causes arthritis, especially in the smaller bones of the feet, deposition of chalkstones, and episodes of acute pain.
- The juice of the nettle is good, she says, for a variety of ailments - arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, allergic rashes and prickly heat.
- Recent studies have revealed that cherries offer an assortment of health benefits including the ability to offer natural relief from joint pain caused from gout, arthritis and joint inflammation.
- He has a history of arthritis, gout, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
2 literary A drop or spot, especially of blood, smoke, or flame: gouts of flame and phlegm
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Initially mistaken for dry ice by revellers, the gouts of smoke were ignored until the roaring fireball was actually consuming the building, liquefying its flammable décor into a rainstorm of molten lava.
- All were watching, with eager anticipation, the replica of George Stephenson's Rocket, which crouched on the rails behind the museum emitting gouts of steam.
- These additional branches then give off really satisfying gouts of white smoke as the greenery boils and burns.
- Example sentences
- Terry's gouty ankle had grown to the size of a small planet, and he slept out in the open air at the back of the truck, stretched out on a long toolbox, his leg hoisted higher than the rest of him and pointing at the stars.
- If so, you might be experiencing an acute attack of gout - or gouty arthritis - a form of arthritis that's characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints.
- Supplement your diet with 2 g of fish oil capsules twice a day to reduce the chances of gouty inflammation.
Definición de gout en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary