Definición de grebe en inglés:
A diving waterbird with a long neck, lobed toes, and almost no tail, typically having bright breeding plumage used in display.
- Family Podicipedidae: several genera. The several North American species include the western grebe (Aechmorphorus occidentalis) and the pied-billed grebe (Podilymbus podiceps)
- Smallest of the grebes, the little grebe, or dabchick, is considerably rounder and more dumpy than its congeners.
- The farm is also home to blue-winged teals, coots, grebes, and an occasional osprey or peregrine falcon.
- The Horned Grebe is a small grebe with a straight bill, thick neck, and squarish head.
mid 18th century: from French grèbe (term used in the Savoy region), of unknown origin.
Definición de grebe en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan