Definición de green light en inglés:
1A green traffic light giving permission to proceed.
- After all of these years of driving, after all of the red lights and green lights that I have perceived and responded to correctly, why did I do that?
- He points out that the proposal to give left-turn cars advance green lights will slow down streetcars and probably negate any gains made otherwise.
- With the Scottish capital's new traffic regulations, a green light is no guarantee of getting anywhere in a hurry.
1.1Permission to go ahead with a project: the commission has given the green light for a wind-farm development
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Ministry of Mines and Energy has given the green light for the project to go ahead.
- However, the Department of Agriculture has given the green light for the event.
- Once the project is given the green light it will take one to two years to complete.
leave, clearance, warranty, agreement, imprimatur, one's blessing, the seal/stamp of approval, the rubber stamp, the nod;
informal the OK, the go-ahead, the thumbs up, the say-so
verbo(green-light) [with object] Volver al principio
chiefly North American Give permission to go ahead with (a project, especially a movie).
- RTE green-lighted the project, including a week on location in Portugal, as soon as Carney submitted six scripts.
- These days, Hollywood only likes to green-light projects they feel stand a good chance of making $20 million on opening weekend.
- It won't be easy for Chase to find a network to green-light the project.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan