2A grasshopper or cricket.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Humped-winged grigs are found in coniferous forests; C. strepitans also occurs in high altitude sagebrush.
- You can listen to songs of grigs and find out more about them at the Web site above.
(as) merry (or lively) as a grig
- British dialect Full of fun; extravagantly lively.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Everyone said Annabelle had been merry as a grig before the man she loved married elsewhere.
- I think it was a cricket, but when I heard it, I was merry as a grig!
- They were more than fairly high, merry as grigs, and prepared to go on all night.
Middle English (in the sense 'dwarf'): of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con grigbig, brig, dig, fig, gig, jig, lig, pig, prig, rig, snig, sprig, swig, tig, trig, twig, Whig, wig
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: grig
Definición de grig en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda