verbo (groks, grokking, grokked)[with object] US • informal
- 1Understand (something) intuitively or by empathy: because of all the commercials, children grok things immediatelyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When he saw Tablet PCs, he immediately grokked the benefit of using them for a project that we were planning.
- If there's a prosecutor in this country who groks the background and context of the specific operations destroyed by this crime, it's this guy.
- In his excellent portrait of hacker psychology, he pointed out that hackers are far more likely to have cats than dogs, and adds that ‘it is widely grokked that cats have the hacker nature’.
mid 20th century: a word coined by Robert Heinlein (1907–88), American science fiction writer, in Stranger in a Strange Land.
Más definiciones de grokDefinición de grok en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional