Definición de groundswell en inglés:
1A buildup of opinion or feeling in a large section of the population: an unexpected groundswell of opposition developed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said there was a groundswell of opinion among backbenchers, and said he had been involved with a statement released detailing the plans.
- There is also a groundswell of opposition among some independent financial advisers.
- There was a groundswell of political opinion that art was thought to be for rich people.
2A large or extensive swell in the sea.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The wreck is well broken among rocks, spread out and so close in that even on a flat-calm day the groundswell sloshes the boat up and down as it moves in as close as possible to drop divers off.
- We had to get within 1.5 miles of the reef before we could distinguish the rocks from the groundswell breaking over them.
- A gentle groundswell was building over the reef and washing well up the rock.
Palabras que riman con groundswellOrwell • Caldwell
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda