Definición de guardhouse en inglés:
1A building used to accommodate a military guard or to detain military prisoners.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was rumored that prisoners in the guardhouse worked only eight hours per day, five days a week.
- His lie is uncovered by Barton, who happens to be a real Army captain, and he is jailed in the base guardhouse, where he tap-dances his time away.
- Inside a guardhouse in the compound, soldiers found more prisoners bound and blindfolded and showing evidence of abuse.
1.1US A building accommodating a guard who controls entrance to the grounds of a house, housing development, school, or other facility: the prestigious islands have opted for guardhouses, where the license plate numbers of visitors are copied down
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These police also maintain small guardhouses at the entrances to several housing projects.
- The guard went inside the guardhouse, and the drawbridge slowly lowered.
- At the guardhouse on Washington Road, security personnel know the members by sight, and guests are held until a member comes to collect them.
Definición de guardhouse en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán