Definición de guardhouse en inglés:
1A building used to accommodate a military guard or to detain military prisoners.
- It was rumored that prisoners in the guardhouse worked only eight hours per day, five days a week.
- His lie is uncovered by Barton, who happens to be a real Army captain, and he is jailed in the base guardhouse, where he tap-dances his time away.
- Inside a guardhouse in the compound, soldiers found more prisoners bound and blindfolded and showing evidence of abuse.
1.1US A building accommodating a guard who controls entrance to the grounds of a house, housing development, school, or other facility: the prestigious islands have opted for guardhouses, where the license plate numbers of visitors are copied down
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These police also maintain small guardhouses at the entrances to several housing projects.
- The guard went inside the guardhouse, and the drawbridge slowly lowered.
- At the guardhouse on Washington Road, security personnel know the members by sight, and guests are held until a member comes to collect them.
Definición de guardhouse en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia