sustantivoBritish • informal
- A man in a position of authority such as one’s employer or father (often used as a term of address): I had a lecture from the guv’norMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Officially, in the beginning, he was the guvnor.’
- Pressley had better be quick as, if he doesn't reach the podium sharpish, he might find his guvnor has already lifted the pot.
- ‘The guv'nor said he has never had him better,’ said the winning jockey, also landing his first Gold Cup and biggest domestic success to date.
mid 19th century: representing a nonstandard or colloquial pronunciation.
Más definiciones de guv'norDefinición de guv'nor en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional