Extreme or irrational fear of women or of the female.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Misogyny and gynophobia abounded in this context as women were, for the largely male artists who worked in this style between the wars, generally victims, annoyances, or threats to virility.
- But while the narrative urges union with the female other, his treatment of the images in these poems lays bare the volume's disturbing gynophobia.
- At the beginning of the new century, across the English-speaking West, there is almost an entire media system dedicated to the modern male's gynophobia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Marriage itself, however, doesn't guarantee a healthy society; if the society is clan-based, rigidly patriarchal, polygamous and gynophobic to boot, well, we know what hell on earth for women that creates.
- I think it's safe to say that female genital mutilation is one of many oppressive practices that are widespread in certain pathologically gynophobic cultures.
- Doesn't anyone notice how profoundly gynophobic this series of films has been?
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: gy·no·pho·bi·a
Definición de gynophobia en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda