Definición de hairstreak en inglés:
A butterfly with a narrow streak or row of dots on the underside of the hind wing and a small taillike projection on the hind wing.
- Many genera in the family Lycaenidae
- The leaves serve as host for the larvae of two butterflies, the white hairstreak and the brown duskywing.
- It is hoped that birds such as the lapwing, skylark and redshank will increasingly use the sites as well as butterflies such as the green hairstreak.
- Trees stabilize the ecosystem for butterflies like the great purple hairstreak.
Definición de hairstreak en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan