- Delay or be delayed in taking action or progressing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two years ago the District Auditor had warned the council that they must get rid of surplus places, but they had hung fire, because of good schools like Newland, and the upheaval caused to children and staff.
- I think everyone is hanging fire to see what happens.
- She said: ‘People have been hanging fire from the outset of the disease to see what happens and because of the outbreak here it's not picking up.’
Más definiciones de hang fireDefinición de hang fire en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional