Definición de hare en inglés:
1A fast-running, long-eared mammal that resembles a large rabbit, having long hind legs and occurring typically in grassland or open woodland.
- Lepus and other genera, family Leporidae: several species
Oraciones de ejemplo
- European game animals include various deer, wild boar, hare, and rabbit.
- Three species of hares are native to California, the snowshoe, black-tailed, and white-tailed.
- He said: ‘I've noticed an increase in birds and a lot more hares since the grassland has been in place.’
1.1 (also electric hare) A dummy hare propelled around the track in greyhound racing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Legend of the Mick the Miller is both touching and funny, yet Michael Tanner's tale of the greatest greyhound ever to chase a mechanical hare is ultimately flawed.
- And let's face it, you don't hear people at the greyhound track complaining that the hare's not real, do you?
- They are, essentially, a covered bike rack for dogs, designed to line them up and point them unarguably in the same direction ready for the key moment when the hare goes by.
verbo[no object] chiefly British Volver al principio
Run with great speed: he hared off between the trees
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mutu leaves Toure for dead, hares down the left wing and shoots from a narrow angle.
- Then Harry came haring out of the bathroom like some over-protective mother bear and just about bit my head off.
- He has already been haring about this morning, giving awards to schoolchildren and meeting with constituents.
- run with the hare and hunt with the hounds
- British Try to remain on good terms with both sides in a conflict or dispute.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Or maybe, they wanted to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
- The Washington Post has recently reported how the president continues to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
- The reality is that you cannot run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
Palabras que riman con hareaffair, affaire, air, Altair, Althusser, Anvers, Apollinaire, Astaire, aware, Ayer, Ayr, bare, bear, bêche-de-mer, beware, billionaire, Blair, blare, Bonaire, cafetière, care, chair, chargé d'affaires, chemin de fer, Cher, Clair, Claire, Clare, commissionaire, compare, concessionaire, cordon sanitaire, couvert, Daguerre, dare, debonair, declare, derrière, despair, doctrinaire, éclair, e'er, elsewhere, ensnare, ere, extraordinaire, Eyre, fair, fare, fayre, Finisterre, flair, flare, Folies-Bergère, forbear, forswear, foursquare, glair, glare, hair, heir, Herr, impair, jardinière, Khmer, Kildare, La Bruyère, lair, laissez-faire, legionnaire, luminaire, mal de mer, mare, mayor, meunière, mid-air, millionaire, misère, Mon-Khmer, multimillionaire, ne'er, Niger, nom de guerre, outstare, outwear, pair, pare, parterre, pear, père, pied-à-terre, Pierre, plein-air, prayer, questionnaire, rare, ready-to-wear, rivière, Rosslare, Santander, savoir faire, scare, secretaire, share, snare, solitaire, Soufrière, spare, square, stair, stare, surface-to-air, swear, Tailleferre, tare, tear, their, there, they're, vin ordinaire, Voltaire, ware, wear, Weston-super-Mare, where, yeah
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda