An ant that gathers and stores seeds and grain as a communal food source for the colony.
- Messor and other genera, family Formicidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Grassland harvester ants harvest very few seeds of the most abundant species at the beginning of a season, but switch during the season possibly due to increasing rarity of the preferred species.
- Some ants, known collectively as harvester ants, do consume seeds, but the seeds they eat are typically those of grasses or other plants that lack elaiosomes.
- The shuttle carried 15 large harvester ants found normally in the western United States so that the students could learn how space's extremely low gravity affects their tunneling behavior.
Definición de harvester ant en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional