- 1A buttock and thigh considered together, in a human or animal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They were built like cattle, with thick necks and big haunches.
- They are easily ten times stronger than a human of similar height: no steroids could make a man accumulate such muscle mass on shoulders, back and haunches.
- In the commentary to her plate, d' Arconville described the chest of the female as narrower, the spine more curved, and the haunches and pelvis larger in women than in men.
- 1.1The leg and loin of an animal, such as a deer, as food: haunch of caribou meatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A dish guaranteed to tickle M. Chirac's tastebuds, he said, would be Pancetta-wrapped haunch of Fort William venison with wild mushrooms en croute in a tarragon sauce.
- Beyond this, Aertsen skillfully foreshortened objects never before honored with such attention: sausages, fish, a skinned ox head, a recumbent haunch.
- When he thought I had suffered enough, he reached into his trousers and brought out a giant slab of dried kudu haunch.
- 2 Architecture The side of an arch, between the crown and the pier.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lighting also differs between the spaces, from diffused light in the narrow galleries to reflected light onto the concrete haunches of the wider galleries.
- The girder trusses running in the north-south direction were designed as continuous trusses and had haunch ends at the column lines.
- A strengthening concrete haunch / slab was then cast over the arches before a textile and thick PVC-type waterproofing membrane was laid on the concrete bed.
sit on one's haunches
- Squat with the haunches resting on the backs of the heels.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On her knees, resting on her haunches on the bed, in imitation of his pose, she tilts her head and looks at him quizzically.
- I rested on my haunches until the dust dissipated but then leaned forward again.
- He stopped, rested back on his haunches, and slowly checked his room for anything he may have over looked.
Middle English: from Old French hanche, of Germanic origin.
Más definiciones de haunchDefinición de haunch en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional