Definición de hedge en inglés:
- High walls, fences, thorny hedges and bushes can all put off burglars but make sure the front of your home is visible to passers-by
- Tall shrubs, hedges, or vine-covered fences make a detached patio private.
- As the hedge grows, prune the sides so the bottom is slightly wider than the top to prevent the upper limbs from shading the lower ones.
- So, as beautiful as the yellow metal might be, gold is neither a hedge against inflation nor a protection against uncertainty.
- The savings ratio is also influenced by inflation (rising prices), because people feel a greater need to save as a hedge against higher inflation.
- Experts nevertheless recommend that sophisticated investors have some gold in their portfolio not only as a hedge against inflation, but also as a way to control risk.
- People believe that directness is rude and use a variety of euphemisms and hedges to avoid it.
- The presence of a hedge provides information regarding whether a student answer is right or wrong.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- At the junction of these roads was a fairly large field hedged all round.
- But the further south I got in England, the more the land was fenced in and hedged off.
- The floor area is shortly to be fenced to a height of three feet, then hedged and landscaped and when completed will be only facility of its kind in football and hopefully used for the promotion of the game in local schools.
- Even scientists optimistic about the future have hedged their predictions with warnings.
- But they hedge their predictions that there will be a global economic upturn some time later next year.
- Barely a week later, it is reported that the Government has ‘buckled to pressure from the green movement’, and hedged its commitment to these technologies once more.
- Note that we're not hedging that statement - it will happen.
- ‘I've been busy,’ I hedged, trying to avoid eye contact.
- Under a storm of protest, Sontag at first hedged and then eventually dodged the issue.
- But how can investors hedge against rising commodity prices?
- I prefer to own these bonds in equal parts to hedge against a loss in the value of the U.S. dollar.
- Taking into account the worst scenario of a further rise in property prices, is there any kind of investment that I can hedge against this with my cash after the sale?
Hedges mark boundaries, but are also a means of protection or defence. The idea of protecting yourself is strong in to hedge your bets. In strict betting terms this means putting money on more than one horse in a race, but you can also hedge other financial liabilities, including speculative investments. Originally people would hedge in a bet. This is related to an earlier application of hedge in, in which debts were incorporated into a larger debt for which better security was available. Much more recently, in the 1960s, hedge fund became the term for an offshore investment fund that engages in speculation using credit or borrowed capital.
hedge one's bets
- Avoid committing oneself when faced with a difficult choice.Oraciones de ejemplo
- And they hedge their bets by avoiding specific predictions for how long it will take to colonize this or that planet, or to travel to this or that star.
- How then can one avoid this risk and hedge one's bets?
- But to hedge your bets, you bet the other way as well.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- By selling such instruments and transferring the risk into their own books, banks are risk hedgers and traders - with a view to making a profit.
- His parents were hedgers and ditchers and brought up their son to the same occupation.
- Tending to be high risk, high return investment tools that remain largely unexploited in investment strategies, warrants are also an attractive option for speculators and hedgers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.