A parasitic worm; a fluke, tapeworm, or nematode.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cnidarians (hydra, jellyfish, and sea anemones) and helminths have a sac-like digestive system with a single opening.
- The most common helminths are tapeworms and roundworms.
- Soil-transmitted helminth and schistosomes are great public health problems in several tropical and subtropical developing countries with poor socio-economic status and personal hygiene.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Experiments conducted by Dr. David Elliott, et al at the University of Iowa using mice with experimental inflammatory bowel disease showed that helminthic worms protected the animals from this disease.
- The Ethiopians recommend that ‘deworming is a low-cost and feasible treatment in the setting of developing countries, where helminthic infections are widespread, and TB and HIV are rampant’.
- Large household size has been reported to increase the risk of helminthic infection, possibly due to increased contamination of the local environment, thereby increasing the chance of infection in the members of the household.
Mid 19th century: from Greek helmins, helminth- 'intestinal worm'.
Definición de helminth en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda