- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse, consuming an even proportion of six orders of insects including Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Lepidoptera, Homoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Tricoptera.
- However, all species from the fourth hemipteroid order, the Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, aphids, and kin), have the putative ancestral gene arrangement of hexapods.
- The polymorphism is common in many insect groups, most notably the Hemiptera/Homoptera, Coleoptera and, Orthoptera.
- Following KRP Singh's pioneering research in 1967, a large number of cell lines from diptera, hemiptera, and lepidopteran insects were established and characterized in India.
- One I saw today was covered with small red hemiptera (true bugs) that looked like box elder bugs.
- There are about 82,000 species of hemiptera worldwide, with about 12,000 species in the United States and Canada.
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek hēmi- 'half' + pteron 'wing' (because of the forewing structure, partly hardened at the base and partly membranous).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: He·mip·ter·a
Definición de Hemiptera en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.