Definición de hemorrhage en inglés:
- Delay in diagnosis increases the risk of rupture, intra-abdominal hemorrhage, blood transfusion, need for operative intervention and death.
- A 72 year old woman undergoing laparotomy for a large gastrointestinal haemorrhage required a blood transfusion and clotting factors.
- In rats with stroke risk factors, such as hypertension, diabetes, or advanced age, a single dose of a substance found in bacteria can provoke inflammation that leads to a blood clot or a blood vessel hemorrhage.
- The US industry has had a dramatic collapse in confidence and performance resulting in a haemorrhage of jobs, but the greatest impact of this has been on the US market.
- Focal hemorrhage and loss of architectural integrity were apparent.
- So perhaps this is just what our comprehensives need, an effective way to staunch the haemorrhage of middle-class children from the state sector while generally improving standards for everyone.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Let me tell members about a case that happened in my own town, where parents woke up in the middle of the night to discover that their teenage girl was haemorrhaging in her bed.
- There are these gelatin capsules of fake blood, you put them in your mouth and bite down on them, and then when you open your mouth, it looks like you're hemorrhaging from the mouth.
- But a few days later she was hemorrhaging and by the month's end, after weeks of fevers and sickness, the lady of the manor was dead.
- The number two airline has been hemorrhaging red ink, losing $4 billion the past two years.
- She says those collections won't resume until the city can figure out how to do so without hemorrhaging taxpayer cash.
- Moreover, the area was haemorrhaging businesses and had been designated by the European Commission as an area of need.
Late 17th century (as a noun): alteration of obsolete hemorrhagy, via Latin haemorrhagia from Greek haimorrhagia, from haima 'blood' + the stem of rhēgnunai 'burst'.
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.