sustantivo(also Indian hemp)
- 1The cannabis plant, especially when grown for its fiber.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's part of a long-running battle to get the Government to relax the restrictions on growing hemp for food and fibre.
- They'd already experimented with less common cereal crops and discovered that hemp, once traditionally grown in the area, thrived in the warm, wet climate of the southwest.
- The only unfortunate thing is that hemp has to be grown to see its cannabinoid component, and it then needs to be tested to see whether it exceeds 0.3 percent.
- 1.1The fiber of the cannabis plant, extracted from the stem and used to make rope, stout fabrics, fiberboard, and paper.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a fabric, hemp is sturdy, strong and comfortable.
- It was damnably uncomfortable, having a lump on one's head the size of a fist and tied with strong hemp rope.
- Trombly points out that the strong fiber produced by hemp and kenaf blends well with the weaker post-consumer recycled paper.
- 1.2Used in names of other plants that yield hemplike fiber, e.g., Manila hemp.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A number of herbs including oleander, adonis, black Indian hemp, black hellebore, lily-of-the-valley, squill, and strophanthus contain an active cardiac glycoside that can potentiate digoxin.
- 1.3Marijuana.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to rules laid down by the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, opium, heroin, morphine, hemp, cocaine and other addictive narcotics are banned.
- Subsequently, the Commission's conclusion was that the physical, moral and mental effects of hemp drugs, if used in moderation, were not adverse.
- Habit-forming and hard-to-kick addictions such as overindulgence in alcohol, heroin, hemp, Ecstasy, and an almost limitless palette of hard drugs should be avoided like the plague.
Old English henep, hænep, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch hennep and German Hanf, also to Greek kannabis.
Más definiciones de hempDefinición de hemp en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional