- Although they sponsored a number of bishops whose beliefs were regarded as heterodox, they were not seen as threats to the Church of England as compared to that presented by the Catholic Stuarts.
- Mursell also is attentive to the significance of heterodox texts and figures; the Lollards reveal as much about the English character as Julian of Norwich does.
- These heterodox opinions have, in some respects, dogged Evangelicalism ever since.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- If their voices become dominant, they will poison the discourse and polarize Catholic intellectual life between obscurantist orthodoxy and arcane heterodoxy.
- His overeagerness to prove a ‘scientific’ point has led him to extreme heterodoxy.
- Indeed, the real object of these various sexual heterodoxies is to disestablish the family as the central institution of human society, the citadel of orthodoxy.
Early 17th century (originally as a noun denoting an unorthodox opinion): via late Latin from Greek heterodoxos, from heteros 'other' + doxa 'opinion'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: het·er·o·dox
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.