- Denoting the sex that has sex chromosomes that differ in morphology, resulting in two different kinds of gamete, e.g., (in mammals) the male and (in birds) the female. The opposite of homogametic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, the sex chromosomes of birds contain a complement of genes different from those on the mammalian sex chromosomes, and the heterogametic sex is the female.
- Like humans, sand lizard males have heterogametic sex chromosomes.
- In birds, the female is the heterogametic sex and she has one Z and one W chromosome, whereas the male has two Z chromosomes.
Más definiciones de heterogameticDefinición de heterogametic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional