Discrimination or prejudice against homosexuals on the assumption that heterosexuality is the normal sexual orientation.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the authors themselves note, however, their text is limited in addressing how class and economic issues intersect with racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, heterosexism, ageism, and able-ism.
- The institutionalized homophobia, heterosexism, sexism and racism of medical institutions make it unsafe for us when we are ill, to chance coming out, and difficult to get the support we need when we don't.
- Only relatively recently did the social scientific and therapeutic communities begin to utilize the concepts of homophobia and heterosexism to portray the discrimination faced by gay people.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nationalist, racist and heterosexist chauvinism thrives on political and social grievances.
- Brooks argues that sexual minorities experience proportionally more negative life events as a result of living in a sexist, racist, and heterosexist society.
- Heterosexuals are often unaware of their heterosexist biases; because their values and beliefs on sexual issues are those most widely held, there is a tendency to assume that they reflect the ‘natural’ order.
Definición de heterosexism en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional