sustantivo (plural hetmen)
- A Polish or Cossack military commander.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1648, led by the kozak hetman (military leader) Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Ukrainians rose against Poland, forming an independent state.
- Why would the Diet forbid Jan Kazimierz to provide military aid to Vyhovs'kyi and what is meant by the statement that the Cossack hetman was ‘an elected king’?
- Two hundred years ago King Karl XII of Sweden fought together with the Cossack hetman Ivan Mazepa for the independence of Ukraine from Russia.
Polish, probably from German Hauptmann 'captain'.
Más definiciones de hetmanDefinición de hetman en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional