Definición de high commission en inglés:
An embassy of one British Commonwealth country in another.
- Diplomats at the British high commission have been put on full alert and told to prepare for an evacuation at any time.
- Before travelling anywhere, check the latest visa requirements well in advance, with your travel agent, tour operator or the embassy or high commission of the countries you intend to visit.
- Britain closed its embassy in Indonesia and high commission in Singapore.
high commissioner sustantivo
- Example sentences
- Incoming ambassadors and high commissioners from Germany, America, Sudan, Mauritius and Brazil presented the president with their credentials.
- He has also been ambassador in Suva and high commissioner in Belmopan before coming to Zambia in the same capacity.
- The two countries' high commissioners should immediately pick up the phone, and call each other, and their respective home secretaries.
Definición de high commission en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan