Definición de high day en inglés:
The day of a religious festival.
- The Bible describes two kinds of Sabbath whereon all customary work was precluded: the regular weekly Sabbaths which were fixed DAYS, ‘the seventh day of the week’, and special Sabbaths or high days that are fixed DATES, and can fall upon any day of the week.
- For high days I have a thimble-sized glass to drink port.
- On high days he would have been carried to the temple for celebrations and sacrifices.
high days and holidays
- informal Special occasions: the drawing room is used only on high days and holidaysMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Our forbears thrived very well on oats, oily fish and kale, with full cream milk and a bit of cheese and meat on high days and holidays and I imagine they were financially very stretched indeed.
- Traditional family gatherings - high days and holidays - form the setting for this domestic drama.
- She comes home for high days and holidays and we toddle over to her for the odd weekend too.
Definición de high day en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan