Definición de hoax en inglés:
A humorous or malicious deception: they recognized the plan as a hoax [as modifier]: he was accused of making hoax calls
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But no accident was discovered and police are treating the incident as a malicious hoax call.
- They organised elaborate hoaxes like the bestowing of imaginary honours, which he appears to have accepted with due solemnity.
- As I speculated before, it could be that he is the victim of an elaborate hoax.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Deceive with a hoax.
- I now have reason to believe that in unraveling a hoax I was hoaxed myself.
- James also investigated the case and found that Tina was hoaxing her adoptive parents and using the media attention to assist her quest to find her biological parents.
- No amount of fossil data will induce them to admit they are hoaxing their readers.
late 18th century (as a verb): probably a contraction of hocus.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan